bones grow stronger with exercise at any age
Bones grow stronger with exercise at any age. Did you know:
1. Strength training makes your bones stronger.
2. Strength training increases our muscular strength which makes daily activities easier. Through the aging process we lose muscle, and strength training can slow or reverse that process.
3. If we simply walked more the health of our nation would improve greatly.
4. Exercise is the best medicine.
5. You don’t need a formal exercise program to lose weight or get healthier. Find an activity that requires movement and do that.
6. Exercise may be just as good as pills for mild to moderate depression, though pills are likely to help quicker. The best therapy for depress is a combination of appropriate medication and therapy particularly cognitive behavioral therapy.
7. Exercise without dietary changes rarely leads to weight loss.
8. You can’t do an exercise, like a crunch or sit-up and lose fat from that area and shrink it.
9. Exercise is like brain food: it increases blood flow to the brain and increases a chemical, BDNF, that acts like fertilizer for proper brain function. If you want to help stave off cognitive decline, be sure to remain physically active on a regular basis.
10. Because it’s one I deal with all the time, it’s worth emphasizing. If you’re not losing the weight you want, it’s unlikely to be an exercise issue, but more so a diet related issue.